Directly impacted stakeholders are critical to a successful project and building a successful community. Basically, this is a way to create a niche or group of people who require different...
Change. Stakeholder. Communication.
Beckon is a change, stakeholder engagement and communication consultancy.
Working with us, means you work with Susie. She specialise's and understands strategic communication, change management, and how to bring directly impacted stakeholders on the journey. We use recognised global methodologies to ensure we can help you deliver project outcomes, stakeholder satisfaction and measure your results.
Beckon specialises in stakeholder engagement for programs and projects.
We have developed stakeholder engagement models, strategies and managed stakeholders on large complex programs and projects for the Australian government, state government, councils and bodies, as well as private sector organisations.
Our past work has included:
- Communication, change and engagement strategy for digitisation of permits with new ICT solutions
- Business case ICT uplift for data including benefits
- Data governance established
- Change preparation and plan for roll out of emergency services ICT upgrades
- Stakeholder engagement strategy for driver licensing
- Communication, change and engagement strategy data uplift
- Communication and engagement strategy – national local government assets, bridges and infrastructure improvement
- Stakeholder engagement and communication plan for infrastructure construction.
Change management enables us to achieve our expected results and outcomes. We use the Prosci methodology and are licensed. Change has 3 phases: Prepare, Manage the Change and Sustain the Outcomes.
We have worked on major projects with:
- Victorian government
- Ambulance Victoria
- Transport for New South Wales
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
- Australian government
- Department of Home Affairs
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Queensland government
- Transport and Main Roads
- Australian federal government departments
- State government departments
- Local government councils
- Government regulators and bodies
- Organisations in STEM - technology, science, engineering (construction), math and support industries
- Organisations that support and work with government
- Industry bodies and communities
Program and Project Teams
- Small projects with big impact
- Large projects and programs with national impact
- ICT, Technology uplift, Data, Construction, Disaster Recovery, Transport, Emergency Services, Org Change, Health, Science
The people we support
- DG | CEO | DDG | COO | CIO | GM | ED
- Executive | Executive team
- Program Director
- Project Manager
- Change Manager | Stakeholder + Comms teams
- Data Director | Architecture
- Scientist | PhD | Expert
- Engineer | Designer
Increase project success.
We are Prosci licensed organisational change managers and support the Prosci 3 phase and ADKAR methodology for change.
Focus on directly impacted stakeholders.
We use the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) stakeholder engagement model and approach.
International standards and best practice.
We support the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
Communication Strategy and Tactics
Beckon specialises in strategic integrated communication for projects and programs.
We create communication strategy, key messages, risk analysis and mitigation, develop the stakeholder model, stakeholder identification, communication tactics, creative and collateral, campaigns and measure success.
Susie can help your project team with strategy and operational tactics, including the stakeholder communication roll out.
Defined pieces of work
We complete pieces of work like this:
- Stakeholder baseline internal or external interview(s) and complete recommendation report.
- Prepare for change. Define the success, the impact, the approach.
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
Join your team
We work as if we are one of your project team members. When we embed with the team, we are usually managing the stakeholder engagement, change or communication work along side your tech team.
We join your project team for short and mid term projects.
- Short contract: 3 months
- Mid contract: 6-12 months
Professional Services Panel and Local Buy
- Beckon is on the Professional Services panel for the Australian government, National Heavy Vehicle Regulator.
- We are also on the Local Buy panel with Two Sleeves Up.
- Noosa Council Professional Services panel with Two Sleeves Up.
- This makes hiring simple.
We are referred to clients based on our specialist skillset and track record of project success on high profile and complex projects with impact. Invite us to respond to your project brief.
Invitation to Tender
Invite us to tender on your project. We will usually be a contributor to the project in either stakeholder engagement or change, and not tendering for the whole project.
Specialist Recruiter Placement
We work with good recruiters who are creating high performing project teams in a contract capacity. We will lead the stakeholder, communication or change component or support your lead.
We work across Australia.
Remote and Hybrid.
We work remotely from our office and hybrid across your office and ours.
In your office.
Place: Melbourne laneway on the way to the office.
Project: Strategic Engagement and Communication for VicRoads
Beckon lead a national project in transport, roads and data. We worked with lots of good people from around Australia.
Major deliverables: Strategic communication and engagement strategies, business cases, workshops and stakeholder engagement .
Place: Working in Sydney to meet stakeholders, view of the harbour.
Project: National stakeholder engagement project. We needed to meet one-on-one with stakeholders in Sydney to understand their operations and needs. This long term project was nearly 2 years and we worked closely with our national stakeholders forming governance stakeholder groups, project deliverables and in person workshops.
Place: Aerial plane view of the stunning tropics, on the way to Far North Queensland.
Project (s): We have created communication strategy and rolled out stakeholder engagement for large and small communities. We can help you build a community of impacted stakeholders, and shape your project outcomes.
Clients in regions: Transport and Main Roads, Australian government, National Heavy Vehicle Regulator, Queensland Tourism
Communication. Engagement. Change.
Place: Parliament House, Canberra
Project: We lead several national engagement workshops in Parliament House with Australian states and territory stakeholders.
The reason our projects are successful, is we take the time to work with the impacted stakeholders and use the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) model of engagement, blended with PROSCI change methodologies.
Place: On the way to the airport, in the back seat of a taxi in Melbourne, after a big week of work.
Project: VicRoads. Data Project.
Many organisations and businesses still rely on traditional developers to change and update their website content. Lots of websites are not mobile responsive, and do not allow for online shopping. ...
We have worked across numerous data projects in Beckon. What this means is we have worked closely with project teams and development teams who are transforming an organisation from something...